Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Vanessa Hudgens flaunts her bikini body in Shape, reveals her 'unhealthy' fast food addiction

In the wake of her newest nude photos scandal, Vanessa Hudgens is proudly showing some skin on the new cover of Shape magazine.

Wearing a tiny pink bikini and nude mesh sweater, Hudgens flaunts a toned and tanned body that she says is far from the physique she once had.

"I was so unhealthy," the 22-year-old says about her former junk food addiction. "I used to go to Cold Stone Creamery, get a tub of Butterfinger ice cream and eat it all before bedtime."

"And my fingers were permanently stained orange from Cheetos," she adds.

The actress reveals that she binged on so much fast food, but hadn't noticed the effects until after she stopped her intense dance routines following the "High School Musical" live tour.

"When I came back, I almost couldn't get my costume on," she admits. "When I finally got it zipped up, my boobs were up to my chin!"

Realizing the need to change her diet, Hudgens took a healthier approach to how she saw food.

For breakfast, she now enjoys egg white omelettes with vegetables or oatmeal with almonds and fruit. To keep it light for lunch and dinner, she often eats a spinach salad with grilled chicken or salmon.

"When you're putting good stuff into your body, you feel so much better," she says.

Making the transition from cute Disney starlet to tough, action chick wasn't easy for Hudgens, who stars in the upcoming action-fantasy film "Sucker Punch."

"I knew it was going to be hard but I didn't know how hard," she says of her strict workout regimen that involved lifting weights and kettle bells.

"In the beginning I could dead lift 135 lbs. By the end, I lifted 180 lbs," she continued. "I was a monster."

Now that work on the film has wrapped, Hudgens continues to keep in shape with Pilates, yoga, spinning and kickboxing classes.

"Exercise is amazing from the inside out," she adds. "I feel so alive and have more energy."


Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2011/03/16/2011-03-16_vanessa_hudgens_flaunts_her_bikini_body_in_shape_reveals_her_unhealthy_fast_food.html#ixzz1GlpnCxr2

No comments:

Post a Comment